Congress of Christian Education
Pastor Floyd Davis, President
"A Christ Centered Congress"
The Metropolitan District Congress of Christian Education is responsible for the promotion of the Christian education through the local churches.
2018-2019 Regular Session Schedule
The regular session runs from September 2018-March 2019. The session meets at Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church (2080 W. Grand Blvd, Detroit, MI. Moderator Nathan Johnson, Host).
- Phase 1 - 1001 - Introduction to the Bible
- Phase 1 - 1007 - Introduction to the Old Testament
- Phase 2 - 3008 - Theology and History of Christianity
- Phase 2 - 4012 - Doctrine of the Holy Spirit
- Phase 3 - 1079 - Survey of John
- Phase 3 - 7010 - Introduction to Discipleship
- Phase 4 - 9005 - Writing Techniques II
- Phase 4 - 8035 - The African-American Church and Social Justice
- Specialization - SP0017 - Church Management and Supervision
- Specialization - SP0009 - Planning a Christian Education Year
- Elective - 5002 - God's Pattern of Leadership
- Elective - 8018 - The Ministry of Church Nursing
- Elective - 8067 - Ministering to the Pastor
- Minister's Division - 9903 - Ministerial Ethics and Etiquette
- Minister'\s Wives Workshop
- Youth Workshop - "On the Outside Looking In" (Ages 15-17)
- Choir Workshop - All Ages
- Children's Ministry (Ages 5-12)
- Youth Ministry (Ages 13-18)
Pre-Registration is now open. Form drop off is Tuesday, August 28, 208 from 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Classes begin on Saturday, September 15, 2018 (3rd Saturday), then the 2nd Saturday in October 2018-March 2019. Devotion/Lecture: 8:45 am; Class Time: 9:30-11:30 am. Non-MEDCCE Registered Churches/Individuals - Course Donation = $25.
Scanned registration forms can be emailed to: email@example.com, or mailed to: PO Box 40206, Redford, MI 48240-0206. Please register your Youth/Children, as well.
2017-2018 Regular Session Attendance
1st Place Moderator's Trophy - Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church (Total #264 Delegates)
2nd Place President's Trophy - Palestine Baptist Church (Total #207 Delegates)
3rd Place Dean's Trophy - Unity Baptist Church (Total #107 Delegates)
Distance Church Attendance
1st Place Claudia Knight Richardson Tropy - People's Communicaty Baptist Church, Westland (Total #58 Delegates)
2nd Place Officer's Trophy - Beulah Baptist Church, Westland (Total #48 Delegates)
Total Number of Delegates Present 2017-2018 Annual Session 1,536
Congress Christian Education Resources
MONTHLY PROGRAM BOOKS
- - > Monthly Program Book - January 2017
HANDOUTS, INFORMATION PACKETS
To our Students who are not members of a Metropolitan Missionary Baptist District Association Church, we invite you to participate in our class sessions, however, please make a donation of $25.00 to support the District. Please take your individual donations to the Finance Office. Thank you for your faithfulness.
Metropolitan District Congress of Christian Education (MEDCCE) registered churches attend at no additional cost. If your Church is not registered with MEDCCE, the donation is $25 per student, which will be collected before class begins. Checks should be made payable to MEDCCE.